Personal Items To Bring
• Water Bottle (we have water to refill)
• Personal hygiene products (toiletries)
• Sunglasses with retainer
• Camera (A Must!)
• Flashlight or headlamp
• Sunscreen Lip Balm (15 spf min.)
• Binoculars (optional for wildlife viewing)
• We will bring fishing gear please let us know if you are bringing your own
rod and tackle. (License required!!)
• Small towel and washcloth
• Medications if needed
• Major credit card for emergency
• Cash for gratuities (Your guides will make every
effort to see that your trip is enjoyable and successful. Gratuities for guides
are appropriate, greatly appreciated and at your discretion, as a gesture of
thanks for their professionalism and service. A suggested guideline is 10 percent
of the trip cost. The common practice is to give the gratuity to the trip leader.
It will later be divided equally with the rest of the crew.)
Additional Items for Spring or Fall trips
• Moisture wicking long underwear (NO COTTON)
• Beanie or stocking hat
• Warm Jacket
• Wetsuit and Splash gear provided by MRO on request
We have a small store at our office if you are in need of any last minute items.
We have water proof disposable camera’s, Chums (retainers), sunscreen, lip balm,
T-Shirts and Hats.)
You may want to shop for some of these items on-line
before your trip we recommend
Northwest River Supplies
Multi-Day Trip Pack List and Travel Tips
complete pack list
It's important to be prepared for your rafting trip. You may encounter all types
of weather and conditions. Planning ahead and having the proper gear will ensure
you have a safe and enjoyable river rafting experience. Through experience,
Mountain River Outfitters knows what clothing and gear will keep you smiling
every second of your adventure.
River Gear Provided
We provide sleeping bags with fresh liner, a roomy tent (1 to every 2 people)
family tents are available on request, comfortable 3" sleeping pads. You
may bring your own sleeping bag if you prefer.
A complimentary river duffel you will need to make sure all your clothes will
fit in a 15" X 25" duffel not including your shoes.
Large camp dry bag will have your pillow and sleeping bag already in it you
will put your river duffel and any other items on top of the sleeping bag and
close the water tight seal. This large dry bag will be waiting at each
Personal dry bags are for all your stuff you would like to have available during
the day on the water.
Clothing to bring
• Swimsuit - 2-3 suits (shorts and a sports bra,
or a 2-piece swimsuit and quick-drying shorts are recommended for women # depending
on days of trip)
• Raingear (Not just for rainstorms - water and air temperatures can be chilly!
Quality rain gear offers protection against the cold – especially early in the
• 2 to 3 quick drying shirts
• Sun Hat (essential!) can be a baseball cap, etc.
• Lightweight fleece top or hoodie
• 2-3 pair lightweight pants/shorts and shirt with
underwear for camp wear
• Quick dry pants - (1) optional for the river
• Warm socks for cool nights and hiking around camp
• Comfortable footwear for camp (optional – some guests prefer to change out
of wet sandals or shoes into flip flops or other light weight shoes)
• River sandals or water shoes are recommended.
Thongs are not recommended for the boat but are good for camp.
Escape... the Ordinary!
For Reservations Call:
Mountain River Outfitters, LLc.
411 N. Main
Riggins, Idaho 83549